What does Certified Pre-Owned mean?
Dan O’kane, Sales Manager: “We often get late model, pre owned, low kilometer vehicles traded in. They are the best used vehicles in the market. The Ford Motor Company Certified Pre-Owned Program at Westview Ford differentiates these vehicles, from the rest of our used vehicle inventory. Cars for the discriminating used car buyer. The used car market is saturated with late model vehicles. The Ford Certified Pre-Owned program is designed save buyers time by identifying the best of the many vehicles in the marketplace today.”
Here are some of the benefits and reasons to consider purchasing a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle:
- CPO vehicles are the finest and best examples in the marketplace
- CPO vehicle are subject to a 172 point inspection by only select Ford industry-trained technicians
- CPO vehicles are eligible for sub vented finance rates
- CPO vehicle are eligible for better extended warranties and maintenance plans”
How does purchasing a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle save the buyer money?
Marc Gagnon, Finance Manager: “CPO clients can save thousands of dollars when it comes to finance costs. Ford Credit offers special, sub vented rates. Qualified buyers can receive rates as low as 1.99%* with terms up to 72 months, whereas, non-certified vehicle rates start roughly 4% higher depending on the term.”
In addition to reduced finance rates, drive away with peace of mind in your Certified Pre-Owned vehicle knowing you are covered by the following:
- A Comprehensive Limited 12 month, 20,000km Warranty (whichever comes first), covering over 1,000 components.
- Roadside Assistance, Rental Car Assistance and Destination Expense Reimbursement for the duration of the Limited Warranty coverage period.
- Eligibility for enhanced program specific extended warranties and pre-paid maintenance plans.
What criteria must a vehicle meet to be considered for the Ford Certified Pre-Owned program?
Before we even send a vehicle for a CPO inspection, it must meet the following criteria:
- Have a clean CARFAX report with no more than $2,000 in cosmetic damage
- Have less than 120,000km
- Be no more than 5 years old
- No flood, fire or frame damage
- No history of airbag deployment
- Title must be clear of salvage, branding, and odometer issues
What inspection criteria must a Certified Pre-Owned vehicle meet to receive certification?
Keith Davies, Service Manager: “We ensure that only the best vehicles are chosen to be part of our quality and unique Ford Certified Pre-Owned line up. All CPO vehicles on our lot go through a rigorous 172-point inspection by select Ford industry-trained technicians. All the major components of the vehicle are checked to make sure they are functioning well and that your safety is not compromised. Numerous components undergo the inspection including:list
- vehicle engine
- airbags and safety belts
- audio and alarm systems
- exterior and interior lights
- cooling, electrical and exhaust systems
- tires and wheels
- keys and remote controls
- windows and door locks
If the technician is unable to check off each of 172-points during inspection, it must be repaired to standard using ONLY Genuine Ford Motorcraft® or Ford-Authorized Remanufactured Parts, otherwise, the vehicle does not receive its certification.”
What is CARFAX?
When it comes to vehicle history reports, CARFAX is the brand of choice! Everything about the history of the vehicle is revealed with in the report. At Westview Ford Sales, our certified pre-owned vehicles come with a free CARFAX report in order to provide you with all the information required to make an informed buying decision. The report will inform you of any previous accidents the vehicle has been involved in, how many previous owners the vehicle has had, where and how many times it has been registered, if the vehicle has been subject to theft, etc. Essentially, everything you might need to know about a vehicle’s history can be found inside it’s CARFAX report.
* On approved credit. Rates subject to change. See dealer for details.