At Westview Ford
, we are always looking the next big thing in SUVs. Thankfully, we never have to look very far, because we just happen to carry Canada's best-selling line of SUVs which includes the new 2017 Ford Edge
. This exciting crossover SUV, which is available in four dynamic trim levels, offers outstanding performance and is packed with the latest safety, comfort, and tech features. To discover if the 2017 Ford Edge is the perfect SUV for you and your particular lifestyle and needs, let's take a closer look at what it has to offer.
Powering the 2017 Ford Edge Crossover SUV is a choice of three different, but equally impressive engines.
• Twin-scroll 2.0-liter EcoBoost I-4 turbocharged, direct-injection engine that produces 245 horsepower at 5,500 rpm and 275 lb.-ft. of torque at 3,000 rpm
• 3.5-liter Twin independent Variable Cam Timing V6 engine that puts out 280 horsepower at 6,500 rpm and 250 lb.-ft. of torque at 4,000 rpm
• 2.7-liter EcoBoost V6 twin-turbocharged, direct-injection engine that gives drivers 315 horsepower at 4,750 rpm and 350 lb.-ft. of torque at 2,750 rpm
Whichever engine you get, your 2017 Ford Edge comes with a six-speed SelectShift automatic transmission with paddle activation, either front-wheel drive or Intelligent All-Wheel Drive, and up to 9.8 L/100km in combined fuel consumption.
To give you and your passengers the smoothest ride possible you get independent MacPherson struts with isolated subframe and stabilizer bar, electric power rack-and-pinion steering, as well as gas-pressurized, hydraulic, twin-tube front and rear shocks.
You don't become one of the top-selling SUVs in the world without offering the highest possible levels of safety. The 2017 Ford Edge Crossover SUV received a 5 Star NHTSA safety rating thanks to an assortment of the latest standard and available safety features including:
• Adaptive steering that dynamically adjusts the steering response of the front wheels based on how fast the vehicle is moving
• An available Front 180-Degree Camera with Washer and BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert
• Individual Tire-Pressure Monitoring System
• First and Second-Row Curtain Airbags
• Front-Passenger Sensing System
• Rear View Camera
• Safety canopy system that deploys first- and second-row side-curtain airbags for outside passenger head protection in the event of a rollover accident
• Securicode Keyless Entry Keypad
Technology and Comfort
Because you'll be spending a great deal of time in your SUV, the 2017 Ford Edge is made to give you the ultimate driving experience. To keep you comfortable, some trims come standard with a 10-way power driver's seat and front passenger seat, heated front seats, leather-trimmed sport seats with suede inserts, and reclining 60/40 fold-down seats with center fold-down armrest. To keep you entertained and connected, there is a variety of SYNC systems to choose from including the high-speed SYNC 3 system with enhanced voice recognition, a capacitive touchscreen with swipe capability, available navigation with easy destination entry and pinch-to-zoom functionality, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, Siri seamless integration, and automatic updates over Wi-Fi.
While we could go on telling you about all the features and specs of the 2017 Ford Edge, the only way to truly experience this beautifully designed and engineered SUV is by getting behind the wheel. To schedule a test-drive, or to learn more about our entire selection of new and pre-owned Ford vehicles, please contact Westview Ford today